Pumpkin spice air freshener prompts Hazmat response at Baltimore high school

Posted: Oct 06 2017 11:12AM MST

Updated: Oct 06 2017 12:25PM MST

BALTIMORE - A pumpkin spice air freshener was to blame for the evacuation of a Baltimore high school and a Hazmat response, according to officials.

Authorities said they responded to Cristo Rey Jesuit High School at about 2:25 p.m. on Thursday after multiple teachers and students reported feeling ill due to a strange smell.

The school was evacuated and a Hazmat team with the Baltimore Fire Department responded to test the air quality.

After three negative readings, the fire department said an electric plug air freshener that was pumpkin spice scented was discovered to be the source of the problem. According to police, the air freshener appeared to have a bad plug or wiring.

Two students and two teachers complained of upset stomachs and were taken to the hospital for treatment. The fire department said fans were brought in to help air out the room.

false
false
false
Up Next:


false
false
false
false
false
false

Stories You May Be Interested In – includes Advertiser Stories

false
false
false